Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Some Intuitive and Spiritiual Books I have read

One of the interesting ones I read which was made into a movie was "Eat, Pray, Love". Though this is a woman trying to find direction in her life it explains a lot of what people encounter when they first approach meditation and spiritual paths to find their way in life.

One that helped me a lot personally because I was raised in the Saint Germain Foundation from birth until I was 21 and we parted ways is: "The Comte de Saint Germain". Though I have an original copy from the early 1900s there is a paperback which is possible to actually obtain of this. It doesn't have the letter from Saint Germain written in French in the 1700s but other than that it has most or all of the other stuff in the original book by Isabel Cooper-Oakley. It basically historically describes the Comte de Saint Germain from the letters of people who knew him historically during the 1700s in Europe at that time.

"The Divine Madman" by Keith Dowman.

This is a really interesting one because I couldn't really believe this person actually existed and is just so very well thought of as a "Spiritual revolutionary".

So, when I first heard of Drukpa Kunley it was from Thubten in Dharamshala, India who was a student of Geshe Lobsang Gyatso. He had temporarily given up his Tibetan Buddhist Monks robes to take care of his mother and father as they were passing on. He became a Mountain Climbing guide to pay for their care in their ending years since there is no social welfare there where he lived. He told me the stories that were so amazingly funny that I sometimes would actually fall on the floor with laughter. Since he was a guide he spoke perfect English unlike many Tibetans. So, he (in a Zen way of laughter) brought me very deeply into the dharma through jokes about Drukpa Kunley that men tell in Tibetan and India and Nepal and Bhutan often while drinking chang (Tibetan beer made from Barley?)

Spirituality is an amazing thing and Drukpa Kunley's example of very deep, funny and cutting spirituality is in some ways unmatched in the world. His Temple in Bhutan still exists today I'm told.

My daughter found this book which is an example of what I might call "ancient Russian Shamanism" mixed with Christianity. This book is called, "The Art of Soaring" by Dolokhov and Gurangov. It is a lot about using humor to become fully realized.

IF you are interested in the Native American Path, this is the story told by Charlie Thom's Son. Though I have never met the man who wrote this book, I did study with Charlie Thom during the 1980s until he passed away within the last year or two. Especially, if the Bear is your spirit animal this would be useful to read for you very likely. It is called: "The Call of the Great Spirit" by Bobby Lake-Thom.

Another book which appears to be Thomas Laird interviewing the Dalai Lama in regard to the History of Tibet it is:

"The Story of Tibet: Conversations with the Dalai Lama" by Thomas Laird.

And last if you are interested in an Elizabeth Prophet version of what Saint Germain was all about:
There is Saint Germain on Prophecy.

Though this sounds very straightforward, it is a very different kind of book than you likely have read before. In the 1970s when I was young and had separated form the Saint Germain Foundation because I was too progressive for this group I was raised with, I felt kind of lonely and joined for a time this group called at that time "The Summit Lighthouse". However, by 1977 I discovered I really don't belong in a group like this. My personality winds up being in the "Heart Center" of whatever religion I get involved in. However, religions are armies and if you can think for yourself like I can, religions get upset about this. Because religions are only about followers.

So, if you can think for yourself like I can you are going to ask questions that no one can answer.

So, because I am a person who asks questions in all directions at once, paradoxes and outright lies within any religion become perfectly obvious to me.

So, if you are a "Country Club" religious person maybe you can live with the paradoxes and lies within any religious context. This just doesn't work for me.

I want the truth and not lies told to make people give their money to a church.

So, I have found I have to go my own way and to always look for truth in my own way.

Part of the way I look for truth is that when I find some new truth I share it with you here.

This is why I have almost 510, 000 visits to this blog site.

Some people have to keep the truths they find completely secret. Though there are some things that I keep secret as a sacred trust with God and the Universe, I share whatever God allows me to to make your lives better.

This is why I Blog at this site and this is one of the reasons God has kept me alive since I almost died for 8 months from a Heart Virus in 1998 and 1999. By God's Grace.

No comments: