Monday, November 24, 2014

Portland for Thanksgiving

Hopped on a plane with my wife today to go to Portland for Thanksgiving with my daughters and one of their boyfriends there and some of their friends. After flying up to Seattle the week before it was hard to get everything together for another journey. But, it is good to see my older daughter as we have a lot to catch up on. The last time I was here a few months ago we went out on a drawbridge that lifts up over one of the rivers (Willamette River) which feeds into the Columbia River which goes into the Pacific Ocean. It was fun because we went out near sunset and walked across the bridge and watched all the city lights light up before I hopped in my Tundra the next morning and drove back to the Bay area. At that time my wife and I had gone up as far as Whistler and we had ridden up the gondolas there and had seen 4 bears while traveling on the gondolas a few months ago.

No comments: