Sunday, November 23, 2014

Why I believe in God

Most of it was completely practical in nature.

For example, in the 1950s other boys of various ages would commonly say to each other, "I'm going to kill you!"

This was not stopped in schools then mostly because if someone said this to you you couldn't tell anyone about it or you would be killed or at the very least spend a week or a month in the hospital for telling someone about it. So, not only did you have to endure the pain of people saying this to you, you also had to have a battle strategy for the ones who might be crazy enough to follow through on this threat.

People in the 1950s were far less sophisticated than now and most people hadn't even finished high school and many hadn't even been to high school and this wasn't unusual either. It was sort of unusual if someone couldn't write their name or read their name though. Very few people still signed with an X then.

In fact, in most of the world, boys are still dealing with "I'm going to kill you!" from boys of a different family, ethnic group or race or all these things at once. Girls in most of the world are greeted with " I'm going to rape you or have you or marry you". And I'm not sure which is worse if you are a girl and aren't interested in being with a boy or being married. And no woman wants to be raped.

So, all of the above is why I'm trying to share with you that Believing in God before someone stabs you in the back or hits you with their car or a baseball bat or shoots you is sort of useful for someone of my era.

So, now no one is allowed to say any of these things kids just bring guns to school and shoot a whole bunch of people  anyway.

What a crazy crazy world.

In some ways it was easier when you could say anything and get it out of your system and if you told any adult about it you got beat up or killed for it. Now, no one can say anything and kids actually bring guns to school and just kill people without saying anything.

No one would have thought of doing that in the 1950s because using a gun was considered uncivilized unless you were in the Mafia,  were a soldier in a war, or the police.

So, why did I start believing in God? IN a world like I grew up in you need something to stay sane and to keep your nerve so if you have to you might kill someone before they killed you.

This was my welcome to the 1950s and what my friends experienced too.

THE NEXT LAYER

I had whooping cough in Seattle when I lived in Lake Forest Park and around Christmas 1950 my grandmother was rocking me in one of the stuffed rocking chairs popular then and singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" when Archangel Michael appeared with his band of Archangels and I started to be healed and wanted to be like them which eventually led to my becoming a soul traveler through my prayers as a young adult and adult.

The next layer:

I fell and hit my head on a rock and got a concussion that led to eventually blunt trauma childhood epilepsy and seizures. This was harder to deal with than people at school telling me they were going to kill me because each seizure was like being murdered and about as traumatic as being murdered. From this point of view the PTSD from an experience like that is so intense that someone over 30 wouldn't survive even one of those seizures without a heart attack or stroke. So, because I was young and resilient I survived many of them until I was 15 and asked God to live in my body with me.

When I did this God did come into my body "Old Testament" style and Holy spirit style like Jesus likely experienced too. This was so overwhelming in it's own way it was much more terrifying than experiencing childhood epilepsy because of the supernatural gifts always present from God Literally living in your body with you all the time.

It wasn't until I was about 30 to 32 that I became entirely okay with God living in my body with me and accustomed to all Gods rules. Much more was always expected of me than normal human beings. I wasn't allowed to die like many of my friends were for example. Every time I came close to death in my life I was healed miraculously. I also was kept out of the Viet Nam war by my blunt trauma childhood epilepsy so I knew God had plans for me. This is why I have always believed in God.

For me, God is not a theory. God is a direct experience. Archangels are a direct experience. Supernatural gifts are a direct experience all the time.

However, I can see what other people experience when they don't believe in God and who am I to force them to believe in God?

Having God living in my body is the most terrifying thing I ever have experienced from ages 15 to 30 when I finally had enough self acceptance of myself and God both living in here that I was okay with the whole thing.

So, if you ask God to live in your body with you, ask  yourself "Can you survive this experience?"

I only did this because I knew I would die if I didn't invite God to live in my body with me.

Also, I didn't know that part of the deal is you have to help everyone that God asks you to. However, now I've come to really like the job because so far I never died even when it seemed like everyone else was.

So, how long will I live?

I asked Saint Germain about this once and here is kind of what he says:

"If you live to be 100 you will be 500
If you live to be 500  you will be 1000
If you live to be 1000 you will be 5000
If you live to be 5000 you will be 10,000"

He said, "What do you think of that?"

I said, "I'll believe it when I see it."

He said, "If you gave me any other answer you would not be my student".

I nodded.

Here is the zen Koan that goes right along with this:

"If you want to live forever you might just die right now
But if you are ready to die right now you just might live forever"

This is what is called "The  Spiritual Warrior's stance".


No comments: