Wednesday, December 31, 2014

30 Degrees Fahrenheit on the Northern California Coast?

This appears to be the case this morning. I'm not sure I would want to be at the Rose Parade tomorrow either as a participant or spectator if it is this cold in Pasadena tomorrow. Hopefully, the people that go don't get sick from wearing almost no clothes and walking 5 miles or so there. Hopefully, it is somewhere above 45 degrees Fahrenheit there early tomorrow morning.

I lived in Glendale in 1960 and went to the parade there when I was 12. It was really cold then too. My cousin was in the Glendale High Marching Band then so I got to watch my cousin walk by playing a glockenspiel. He was actually a pianist and 1st violinist in the orchestra but they needed an extra person to play the glockenspiel so they asked him and since he played the piano he could be taught easily to play this glockenspiel too. Also, he had his own band then that they called a Combo which was a piano, a guitar and a Bass Fiddle which was pretty normal then.

No comments: