Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Memories

I started thinking tonight about all the Christmas decorations on Christmas trees, in houses on houses outside, on buildings, in the windows of buildings all over the world and this thought made me very happy.

Many people even though it is now December 29th have kept up their Christmas decorations outside for everyone to see which really can perk a person up or family up while driving around still. Last night, we went and visited some really nice homes that were professionally decorated because they were done so well. I wanted to show an oak tree nearby that looked sort of like a dragon when you came down the street towards it all in multicolored lights too.

I looked over at the angel on top of my family's Christmas tree and thought of all the other Christmas angels on trees around the world and how helpful that is for people  this time of year and every year in the past or future.

If you have been raised around Christmas you have many memories since childhood, of relatives visiting from all over, of caroling around a fire or in church or walking around your neighborhoods or whatever. When I was 12 to 21 I often sang in my church choir during the Christmas Season with my mother and father which was great too, or sometimes after I was 18 I would go to a church conference in Chicago with friends and meet other friends from all around the world there.

Christmas has many memories for all of us. For me, it's time to be Thankful for a lifetime of Christmas memories of people I knew and loved and some I still know and love who are still alive or who are young and have their lives ahead of them.

No comments: