Tuesday, December 30, 2014

I got a lot of positive encouragement from the women in my life

I was always really lucky from birth in this in that women always seemed to adore me starting with my mother and grandmothers. So, I always sort of ate this up like Candy in my life and got used to it.

So, as I moved into my teen years women still seemed to like me a lot too even though I found some women sort of scary in this, especially when girls wanted to go out with me before I was grown up or ready for this yet before I was about 15. Even then I didn't date women that scared me no matter how beautiful they were because I "wanted to be in full control of whatever relationship I was in". I didn't want to be a victim of some woman who was out of control in one way or another.

It helped always that I was about 6 feet tall before I was 14 so I sort of looked like an adult "that didn't shave yet" which could be anywhere from my actual age to about 20. by the time I bought my first car with money I had earned working at age 16 (a 1956 Ford STation wagon) for surfing, I was about 6 feet 2 inches tall about the size of my Dad. By High School Graduation I was around 6 foot 3 and by 21 or 22 I was over 6 foot 4 1/2 inches tall barefoot.

So, having all the positive encouragement was helpful the first 25 years of my life. However, then I got my girlfriend pregnant and then I had to deal with my "Golden Boy" image starting to whither during the pregnancy of my then 21 year old girlfriend and then wife. However, I was determined to be a Dad to my son and so I "weathered the storms" for the sake of my son being born.

If you are going to get married and have kids you have to literally be ready for anything 24 hours a day at that point in your life. Because almost anything can and will happen.

If you are fragile in any way you are going to be broken during these times. Because all the adoration that my mother and grandmothers and girlfriends and friends had given me all my life did not prepare me in any real way for what happens when you have children.

So, unless you are a grown up you likely are going to walk away when what happens happens while pregnant or having kids.

So, make sure you are already a real grown up and not a fake one before you attempt having kids. Otherwise, children will be raising children and that doesn't often work out well for anyone.

No comments: