Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Exercise and Diet

If you live where the air is clean like I do right off the Pacific Ocean in Northern California it has already been cleaned by rain water and relatively unspoiled air all across the Pacific Ocean. So, generally speaking the prevailing wind is from the ocean onto the land and inland. So, the freshest of air from 5000 miles plus of winds, rain, ocean etc. has already cleaned the air before I breathe it. Also, there is an upwelling of ocean nutrients all along the shore from the ocean which makes the ocean here very rich, alive and full of life including kelp forests up and down the northern California coast where I live.

2nd, exercise: The most important form of exercise it appears is walking. No single exercise is more important than walking every single day that you can. I believe 1 mile or more is important. From about ages 12 to 40 I tried to run a mile or more up to 5 miles every day I could.

However, when I reached into my 40s I started to have pains in my feet. When I had my feet x-rayed my podiatrist told me I have hundreds of healed micro fractures in my feet. I realized I got them from my habit of climbing onto roofs as a child and jumping off with friends. This caused micro fractures in my feet from being a macho boy and young man in the 1950s and early 1960s.

So, because of this I when I started to get bone spurs from running I realized I had to stop running every day which was very upsetting for me at the time. Because hiking and running up to 25 or more miles in a weekend was how I was always able to drop 25 to 30 pounds in a weekend when I wanted to when I was under 40 years of age always. And I also liked to do 4 day water or organic apple juice fasts or four day organic watermelon fasts(the watermelon fasts clear your arteries of plaque to prevent heart attacks and by pass heart surgeries.)

Also, a good organic diet without a lot of red meats can keep men or women from dying from 35 to 45 a lot like they did when I watched a lot of men especially die between 35 and 50. They would just suddenly drop dead like flies in their 30s to 50s from being a steak and potatoes kind of guy. This was especially true of people working in construction who were friends of my father and I (my father owned an electrical Contracting Business and I often worked with him summers from my age of 12 to 17 and then for 8 months when I was 21 and was sort of burned out working as a computer programmer and computer operator at that time 12 hours a day and 7 days a week midnight to noon. This was around 1969 and 1970.

So, exercise (walking at the very least) or running if you are young and in tip top shape and watch what it does to your legs and feet, is very important if you wish to live after 40 or 50 years of age and not just die of a heart attack in your 30s or 40s from a bad diet or from smoking, drinking or drugs (or all three) by your late 30s or early 40s.

One reason I still can ski, hike, snorkel, Ski, bicycle etc. with friends is I never took up smoking or drinking as a hobby. So, in my late 60s I can still do all these things still. I also own a dualsport KLR 650 motorcycle for off road and country riding too.

However, I never ever get on it to ride unless I intuitively know I'll be safe on it that day ever. So, I look into the future to make sure I'm safe to ride that day. I also do this in regard to any passenger jets I get on too. So, I know how the flight turns out before I get on the plane. I find all this is just intuitive common sense.

In other words if you have the ability to not die before your time and you don't use this ability, if you die before you time then you likely are a fool or just don't care at all if you stay alive for your friends and family at all. Also, I do this so I can be of service to God and life for thousands of years if this is what God and I want to do.

I think psychologically preparing yourself to both die right now or to live forever is important for people who are realistic in their lives about everything in their lives.

No comments: