Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Is it Useful to Believe in God?


 You notice I'm not saying, "Is God real?" because that is always subjective and only objective for those who believe in God.

So, I can only answer this for myself.

For me, I would have died sometime between 1 and 3 years old if I and my parents and my grandparents didn't believe in God. I would have died from Whooping cough. From my point of view now the only reason I survived is that I believed in God, my Grandmother believed in God, my Mother believed in God, my father believed in God.

So, without this belief structure at the very least in me I would have died between 1 and 3. This is a no brainer for me. Because many many children died of whooping cough, polio, and you name it in 1950 when I had whooping cough. Lots of kids died then from all sorts of things most people didn't understand as much then as they do now.

So, believing in God kept me alive. It kept me alive because at a certain point I just accepted the fact I was going to die and by not fighting whooping cough like a little animal I accepted my fate and because I stopped fighting it trying to breathe I didn't exhaust myself so much I  died like so many others. So, I lived.

Also, when my grandmother sang, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" Archangel Michael and his band of angels appeared to me and I stopped dying. But, believing in God and that God was in charge was what brought Archangel Michael and his Protecting Archangels to heal me. So, it was like being reborn at age 2 in this sense into the angelic world and the world of God.

No comments: