Thursday, April 16, 2015

Bidding on Honda 1980 CT 110 Trail

I had a flash of insight last night realizing my wife could ride one of the now antique Honda CT trail 110s

Image result for 1980 Honda CT  trail 110So, I found myself bidding on one but I really have trouble using pay pal and never have had a sucessful purchase in the past. Hopefully, I have a successful purchase this time using a credit card and pay Pal.

I know Elon Musk first became worth a lot of money creating pay pal and now does




  • www.KBB.com/TeslaModel-S
    any way I have bid 1800 so far for this one. I'm a little upset because the 1980 doesn't have two ranges of gears like other years do, so I likely will have to buy one more. There was another one that I bid 1000 dollars but I tried several times bidding for it on Ebay without satisfaction using various credit cards. Thought it might be a scam so went to check bank Atm for balance. So far no fraud I have found. I still have about 1 day to wait on this one for bidding to end there at Ebay.
    In the end I likely will wind up with 2 of these (one for me and one for the wife). My Dad had a 3 range one which is what I really want. The really sad thing is I would buy a new one of these but just like a lot of really amazingly useful vehicles they stopped making these for some reason. So, LIkely I will have to buy two antiques and then take it to see if they need rebuilding at the local motocycle shop.
    Fantasticly designed fun useful vehicle that is fun to drive. I can't remember what year my Dad had of one of these things. I think he sold it to my cousin the lawyer. I really wanted it but couldn't afford it then. But now I finally had this brilliant Idea of buying 1 or 2 antique ones (hopefully the one for me has 2 or three ranges for riding up the side of a butte like I used to at about 5 miles per hour in low range. These things are incredibly what they can do. They made them originally for deer hunters so they could strap on a deer they shot to the back and while the blood was dripping people could get their deer meat out 10s to 100s of miles through the back country Absolutely amazing little antiques that I can have rebuilt if I can just get one that has the 3 range transmission. Unfortunately, the 1980 has only 4 gears forward. I suppose I could put a larger rear sprocket to lower the ratio for back country because you really don't need anything above about 40 to 45 miles per hour ever in back country. you see, I presently way even after losing a lot of weight still over 300 pounds. So, this is what i'm thinking. However, I am 6 feet 5 inches tall and scottish Big boned.

    What I likely want is a 1986 CT 110 Honda Trail. It has two ranges (with my weight I likely would be in the lower ranges all the time to spare stress on the engine even though that would mean I likely would never ride much above 25 mph unless in high range on level or going downhill. So, likely I won't bid any higher on the 1980 version that doesn't have two ranges.

    Also, I retired early so I have saved a lot of social security money in an account. Also, by retiring legally at age 62 it allowed several years of social security benefits for my now 19 year old daughter too for her college to acrue. So, I likely now need to invest that in stocks and money market funds or whatever my broker recommends for my 19 year old.

    So, even if I am the highest bidder for the 1980 honda trail 110 version I likely can sell it back through Ebay to break even or even to make a profit on this purchase.

    So now I'm looking for a 110 Honda CT trail 1986 to bid on either way because I"m too heavy for the engine in the higher range except for going on the level or downhill. So, likely I would use it mostly low range under 25 mph so as not to strain the motor.

    My wife said to check on Capital Gains taxes in everything I did with Broker because she says there is no rush and I can legally gift my 19 year old up to 14,000 dollars without triggering a gift tax. So, I need to talk to my broker about what is the most cost effective way to do all this.

    What made me saddest tonight is the fact that my wife says she won't ever be able to ride a honda trail 110 because of her knee replacement last June. How sad is that?
  • No comments: