Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Epilepsy in an age of almost complete ignorance

I was 10 years old. It was 1958. I was delivering the Glendale News Press (I had about 105 or 110 or 120 customers that Sunday. I got up as usual and and wrapped my newspapers with Rubber bands and put them in my newspaper carrier bags on my high rise handlebar Schwinn Bike single speed balloon tire. (It looked a lot like a beach cruiser single speed of today). Only it was metallic green. So, I got on my bike and started delivering my newspapers I think about 5 am after starting to wrap and band my papers by 4 am that Fateful Sunday morning. After I was finished with delivering all my Sunday Newspapers I noticed a large dog copulating with a very small dog. This wasn't something I had seen before. The little female kept running away from the very enthusiastic larger male dog. Then I went home and had my first seizure ever in my life.

I woke up I had gone back to sleep around 5:30am or 6 Am. It was now 6:30am or 7 am and I was on the floor next to my bed. My head was in her lap and she looked very scared. She told me I had had a nightmare and had found me on the floor next to my bed and had protected my head from my bad dream.

I took her at her word and just went back to sleep then. She later told me I had had a seizure that to her as a Scottish Celtic Person might have meant I was a very Great Man in Mystical Christian or Druidic ancient Scottish Circles.

My father's reaction wasn't of awe and greatness like my mother's reaction. It was of horror of what this might mean to my economic future. He forbade me to ever talk about this to any member of his family. After all, we were a Swiss American Family where everyone had to be perfect physically and scholastically. So, we had to APPEAR perfect in every way with no blemishes whatsover.

I felt somehow I had let my father's perfection model down. After all, he had been valedictorian of his High school Class and got the highest grades in Math and Science and penmanship in the 8th grade in the whole State of Washington. So, I was expected to follow suit.

And this just had blown all this to hell. Because now Dad didn't know if I was going to survive at all. So, hiding my illness from everyone was necessary to my economic survival he thought.

Looking back now at just how backwards people were in the 1950s in some ways compared to now regarding things like this it makes sense the position he took. My mother was always more commonsensical but even she didn't tell me that she and her mother were dyslexic until she was 82 years old. So, when my son was born dyslexic when I was 26 I wondered about where that came from when we discovered in his teens he was dyslexic but also at a genius level like Einstein was as well.

When my son Graduated with every honor imaginable (Straight A student) at San Bernadino State University in California with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, he told me that I had had to have had Blunt Trauma childhood epilepsy. Because no one grows out of hereditary epilepsy. He said what had happened to me was I had had to have hit my head and dented my skull and the pressure on my young brain caused me to have seizures from age 10 to age 15. Then as my skull grew the pressure on the brain released and so I would never have another seizure again.

However, my experience of all this at the time was quite different. My experience was I knew I was going to die so I invoked God to live in my body with me all the time. The moment I did this my seizures stopped and never started again because God had converted me supernaturally in to one of his Prophet bodies on earth. However, surviving like this with supernatural powers of God constantly there almost killed me many times between age 15 and 30 when I finally got more comfortable with living constantly with God's supernatural gifts constantly manifesting within and around me for sometimes miles in all directions.

Also, when I invoked God into my body my complete personality and physical appearance completely changed over the next few months. Girls started chasing me around because I was kind, beautiful and caring as a person. So, I had literally become, "God's gift to women" in my own eyes and at first was very jealous that God was doing this.

However, by age 16 I realized that this was a really ridiculous point of view and just accepted that girls where going to chase me most of the rest of my life because they wanted to be near God. This point of view worked. So, in this way I could honor God in his wishes for me to be fulfilled.

God could help them and everyone else I met in this way ongoing the rest of my life in ways beyond my imagination at age 15 or 16 ongoing.

No comments: