Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lisinopril

I was first given lisinopril at a very low dose and it helped save my life from a heart virus until it could be diagnosed after my heart got better and I didn't die from it.

So, I have always been grateful that my body got along with lisinopril for this reason.

Then when I was dealing with low heart compression after returning from Hawaii a couple of years ago now I was grateful again that my body could tolerate lisinopril once again.

But then when an emergency doctor suspected lisinopril as the culprit for my prolonged cough for about a month that was leading me into what I was worried then was "Walking pneumonia" (it wasn't) he changed me over to Losartan that doesn't have coughing as a potential side affect.

However, the other day I learned that some older people die from taking losartan along with spironolactone  so I was kind of upset to find this out because I was taking both.

So, last night I switched back to lisinopril to make sure I stay alive because I don't think right now that the cause of my coughing was lisinopril because why would it do it now and not the previous years all the way back to the first time I used it in 1998?

So, so far since I changed back I feel twice as good as I did while taking losartan. (So, this is a good start).

I flew to Redding today from San Francisco airport and phoned a friend from Mt. Shasta to pick me up because it is now (for summer around 400 dollars to get  a compartment on a train to up near Shasta and it seemed better to pay 255 dollars to fly to Redding, have a friend pick me up there and pay his gas while his friends had him also pick up goods from Redding too, for their 2 1/2 acre parcels of land they live on in the Mt. Shasta area.

So, today I feel better than any day I have since my appendix burst on March 27th 2015. And that's a Good thing!

So, I took a group of friends out to dinner tonight who had all in some way helped me stay alive and make my life work so I could be here alive and kicking today here in Mt. Shasta.

No comments: