Friday, May 29, 2015

Stand by Me (1986)

  1. This movie I loved because whenever I was in Mt. Shasta this was the life I lead from age 5 to 12. My first summer I was 5 years old and I traveled to Shasta Springs and discovered the trail down to the railroad tracks 1000 feet in altitude about below where the tram might still have been then (not sure) where people rode from the train tracks up to Shasta Springs where we all stayed then when I was 5. My father volunteered as an electrician to work for them for free for our church for 6 weeks that summer. So, I was set loose with boys 5 to 12 years old. This started an amazing experience that was pretty much like this movie except there were no dead boys. And every summer we spent 1 to 2 weeks there or more after the first 6 weeks stint with just me and Dad. However, there were all the other things mostly in this movie including guns at times (Firecrackers and M-80s too). I was the most then like the Character played by Will Wheaton because from age 9 on I was always a writer too. I was 5 in 1953 and 12 in 1960.

  1. Stand by Me (film) - Wikipedia, the free...

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_by_Me_(film)Cached
    Stand by Me is a 1986 American coming of age comedy-drama adventure film directed by Rob Reiner and starring Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman and Jerry O'Connell
  2. Stand by Me (1986) - IMDb

    www.imdb.com/title/tt0092005Cached
    Test your knowledge of Stand by Me. User Polls. The 5th Wheel Poll; Shortest Movies in the IMDb Top 250; What is your favorite opening line from a movie?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. See the link below for more info.


#stand
www.ufgop.org