Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Check out the hoverbikes that one company is building for the Defense Department

Click word button sentence in following line to see video:
Check out the hoverbikes that one company is building for the Defense Department

As I watched this prototype fly I thought to myself, "You wouldn't want to be flying this in any wind at all." The other thought I had was, "I think a KLR 650 motorcycle that the Marines use would be better in most instances than this because of wind or wind gusts. However, if you flew this high enough and wore a parachute for emergencies it might be useful.

However, it seems like most of these types of situations you likely would be better off with a quiet helicopter at night with a bunch of guys maybe 20 with paragliders or something like that that jump out quietly and fly to their destination.

So, I'm trying to imagine how this type of vehicle would be useful and not just get soldiers or regular people killed one way or another. But, life could prove me wrong about this too.

Who would have expected the 4 rotored electric powered hobby drones would be such a hit around the world either or that someone would build one and install an automatic pistol? So, these kinds of things obviously are very unpredictable at different points as to where it all will go. This thing reminds me of the thing Anakin rode to try to save his mother in one of the Star Wars movies.

No comments: