Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Too many security cameras for people to just be themselves

 For many people around the world there are just too many cameras with people looking at your life whether they should be or not, they are. So, this is the world that many of us live in today. Cameras at work, cameras on our streets, cameras in our bedrooms that we don't know about. Cameras that people employ secretly while they have sex with people they aren't married to and some of this footage winds up on the Internet without the permission of one of the members of this situation. So, the following incident is not surprising but is very violating to this 19 year old daughter. After reading this I can see she might need psychological therapy after finding this out without being confided with by her parents.

Hidden Security Cameras Are Shocking Surprise For Daughter

Dear Abby
DEAR ABBY: I'm a 19-year-old woman in college who still lives with my parents. I found out something several weeks ago that's bothering me, and I need advice badly.
Years ago, after a robbery, my parents installed security cameras outside our house. I knew about them because they were visible. But apparently some were installed that I knew nothing about.
I have done things while alone to help control certain feelings, and I have also walked around without much on when my parents were away and never thought anything about it. Ever since I found out, I have been freaking out.
I don't want to make a big deal about it because I'm afraid if my parents didn't look at anything before, then they will now. I want to know if they have seen what I was doing. Part of me says to ignore this because they're family -- so who cares. My parents have never said anything about seeing me.
We're Catholics, and I have heard the lecture about avoiding self-gratification ever since I can remember. I'm very careful about what I do now, but I am still bothered. Should I just forget and move on, or should I ask? -- POSSIBLY PARANOID
DEAR POSSIBLY PARANOID: If your parents had been viewing the security footage and felt you were doing something wrong, you would have heard about it from them by now. What you need to know is that masturbation is normal. It is not depraved, a crime or harmful to your health. All normal boys and girls (and some adults, too) practice this natural type of sexual gratification. (If it makes you feel guilty because you have been told it's "wrong," then stop doing it.) Now, forget about it and move on.

end quote from:
http://news.yahoo.com/hidden-security-cameras-shocking-surprise-daughter-133005315.html

I have a different point of view regarding masturbation. Not only is it normal it might be abnormal to not do it. Sexual gratification is aligned directly with sanity. People (especially males) who try to repress this natural inclination sometimes kill others or themselves. So, my point of view is repressing your sexual needs is sort of like stopping eating food or stopping going to the toilet. It will remove your sanity or your life eventually if you are repressing this too much. However, it can be redirected as well. For example, all creative endeavors I view as a redirection of sexual creativity. Building houses, being a psychologist, building roads, gardening, being an artist. All helpful creative endeavors I see as a way people are redirecting their sexuality in various directions. Becoming a good cook etc. is also a way to redirect sexual gratification.

However, just repressing it only leads to suicide or murder in the long run. However, if you don't have sexual desires then that is a different story. But, people who don't have sexual desires usually don't get married and never have children either.

No comments: