Thursday, October 29, 2015

Cults and Belief

I was raised in what some might call a cult. But, then again what is the real difference between a cult and any religion of any amount of people?

Only the amount of people that believe in it. That's all.

So, I think this is an important point for people to consider when they criticize one cult or another. Because if they are religious other people are going to see them as believing in a cult too. So, in this sense all religions are cults.

Is Being an American A Cult?

Not to an American but you better believe it is considered to be a cult by many people here on earth. So, it all depends upon your point of view in the end.

IS it a cult to be a scientist who believes in science?

My point of view is that if you don't believe in science being a scientist could be considered to be a cult. Yes.

HOwever, I believe in a lot of things. I believe in Jesus, Science, and many tenets of many religions I have studied over the years. However, am I a member presently of a church? NO.

But that is only because I was a member of one with my parents growing up and it almost cost me my life from ages 21 to 25 when I got married and had a son. So, I sort of see religions as dangerous at this point.

I'm not against them but I also know religions likely kill way more people around the world (or drive them crazy) than drugs or alcohol or cigarettes do.

So, this is important to understand too.

Are religions safe? NO.

Not the way this question was asked.

Are some religions safe? Maybe.

It depends whether you are sane or not to begin with.

Otherwise, you might be killing or torturing people in the name of God or forcing them to have sex with you like ISIS does and calling it "God's Will".

However, what usually happens to people like this eventually is they get "Put down" under the ground permanently by relatives of people they abused all over the world who track them down and kill them.

So, are some religions safe? Maybe has to be the best answer.

But, I would say to people all over the world when it comes to religion "Caveat Emptor" which means: "Let the buyer beware!"

So, if you buy into an idea just remember it might come back to bite you in the ass one day. So, be careful about this.

No comments: