Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving and Gratitude

There is a saying, "Gratitude is the Motor of Life".

I have found this to be true.

If people are not grateful for what they have: Life, food, shelter, family, friends etc.
then they tend to get worse and worse in their situations.

I cannot fully explain to you why this is so. I can however, tell you this is what I have observed
all my life and I am now in my late 60s.

So, if you want a better life you must be genuinely grateful for what you have now, otherwise
a better life likely won't come to you. Even if you get a much better life and then aren't grateful for
that life either, it is quite likely you will lose that better life as well.

This just appears to be the nature of the universe itself.

"Gratitude is literally the motor of life."

However, this cannot be feigned.

It must be genuine to be useful.

So, if you are grateful for what you now have more good will tend to come into your life.

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

No comments: