Thursday, December 31, 2015

100 Big ideas

I found this special publication of National Geographic. The list 100 big ideas: Science Breakthroughs and Inventions: here are some of them:

Chapter 1
Matter and Chemicals
1. Fire
2. Rubber
3. Theory of Five elements
4. Concrete
5. Fireworks
6. The Scientific Method
7. Glass lenses
8. Periodic Table
9. Aluminum
10. Radiation and Marie Curie
11. Nylon
12. Nuclear Fission
13. Atomic Bomb
14. Polyethylene and Plastics
15. Laws of Convection
16. Programmable Matter


I think that's enough. If you want to read more about this likely you should buy the special issue of National Geographic or visit it online if you are able to do this. I also have an idea which I think would be fun to research so I can learn more about some of these things. So, I may put some of what I find researching these 16 subjects here at my site. I think first I'm interested in "Programmable matter" so likely I will create another article with research from what I find about that. How far I get will depend upon my time available and my interest. Also, my wife hasn't been well the last week so it will depend upon her needs too. Programmable Matter interests me because likely that is the subject (of the 16 subjects listed above that I know the least about presently). Then likely I would be interested in the "Laws of Convection" in relation to convection currents within a house or building but also all over planets atmospheres and oceans and lakes and rivers. It also might relate to currents also within the magma of a planet like Earth.

  1. National Geographic 100 Big Ideas Special Issue -...

    shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/magazines/...
    Magazines:Special Issues:National Geographic 100 Big Ideas Special Issue
  2. Amazon.com : National Geographic Magazine 100 Big ...

    www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-Magazine-100-Ideas/dp/...
    2 days left to get; FREE Two-Day Shipping for Christmas; with Amazon Prime
  3. National Geographic: Big Ideas, Small Package

    ngm.nationalgeographic.com/big-idea/16/little-packages
    Subscribe and help fund Society research. Subscriptions start at just $12 a year

No comments: