Monday, February 29, 2016

Six Words of Advice from Mahamudra

begin partial quote from:
 

Mahamudra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

 
 
Six Words of Advice

First short, literal translation Later long, explanatory translation Tibetan (Wylie transliteration)
1 Don’t recall Let go of what has passed mi mno
2 Don’t imagine Let go of what may come mi bsam
3 Don’t think Let go of what is happening now mi shes
4 Don’t examine Don’t try to figure anything out mi dpyod
5 Don’t control Don’t try to make anything happen mi sgom
6 Rest Relax, right now, and rest rang sar bzhag

I'm not an empowered Tibetan Lama. However, when I read these things my reaction to this is: "Oh, Perfect Being".

You might not realize just how important perfect being is. However, I have seen even animals who were not in danger right now in this perfect state even though it might not last forever. For example, once on my drive to my CDF fire Lookout around 1985 which was 10 miles from the nearest human being because I had already had to got through at least 3 to 4 locked gates on ranches there so there was no one there. And this Buck deer may have never seen a human being before up close. He never saw me then even. The sun was setting and he was walking with a full set of antlers and I felt "Oh!!!" This was when I saw a being first experience perfect being. At sunset just before he drank the water in the lake. I was amazed and realized then that perfect being is often even realized by wild animals and in people who let it happen.

Watching this animal was an unbelievable "Power moment" for me that I have never forgotten. When a power moment comes it takes your breath away. I realized this was what perfect peace and perfect enlightenment is all about.




No comments: