Friday, February 26, 2016

Wind and Waves

The two elements people here on earth are going to have the most trouble adapting to will be increasing winds (as an upward progression every year) alongside increasing sizes of waves also caused by the increasing winds caused by increasing heat which causes more evaporation combined with faster rising heat because of more heat in water and air. And this causes more winds which cause bigger and stronger waves worldwide.

So, as man adapts to this likely you are going to see more submarine travel because if you can get below the waves it is less turbulent 30 to 50 feet deep that it will be on the surface for ships and boats. So, because of this submarines will become more common this century and the next as a way to avoid storms as much as possible.

Also, because of winds on lands it might become more common for people to tether themselves to houses or building or cars or trucks in order to work in high winds. However, if there are projectiles like signs and branches and roofing flying through the air this won't work either very well.

But, weather wise the two hardest things for humans to adapt to will be winds over 100 mph in a more common nature worldwide and waves over 50 feet tall worldwide on open oceans when there is wind above 100 mph which is going to get more common as the heat index rises in water and air all over the earth.

Then the next hardest thing to deal with will be increasing flooding some places and increasing droughts other places. You see this already in the U.S. where even though California has received a whole lot of rain it hasn't brought our reservoirs out of the drought whereas flooding and tornadoes east of the Mississippi River and places like Texas has become more of a problem.

 More Tornadoes also are a result of increasing winds and strange weather occurrences worldwide along with 200 plus mph winds now in some Hurricanes worldwide.

If you have ever been in a 100 mph wind or more all sorts of strange things begin to happen. I have experienced this as a mountain climber on top of mountains and this was my experience.

First of all over 100 mph winds are seldom constant so what happens in between the gusts you fall down a lot. Then for me, it was blowing ice crystals and they were sort of like ripping the skin off my face. Luckily, I had plastic to slid down the mountain on and so even though it was incredibly loud I put the plastic over my face so it wouldn't rip the flesh off and tried to get out of the over 100 mph winds because I got really tired of falling down as the winds went between 100 and 150 mph.

The other thing you don't want to do is get lifted off the ground by winds this fast. So, you have to do everything not to get blown through the air. So, you have to be careful how you stand so you don't get lift off. Because once you leave the ground in winds that speed likely you aren't going to survive this experience.

So, if you aren't tethered to a rope when all this is going on it is very dangerous. When this happened to me I was looking for two climbers I was climbing with after we got separated during the climb. So, I was alone and because of this it was very dangerous for me on many different levels. But I was 21 then and tended to survive a lot of crazy decisions then just because I was young and strong and had a lot of energy and endurance. So, I survived just by deciding they had taken a route I didn't know about and deciding if I didn't slide down on the snow from the then 11,000 feet plus I was going to die there pretty soon.

No comments: