Friday, April 29, 2016

Tesla 90

As I traveled back to Los Angeles and Orange Counties from Las Vegas by a candy apple Red Camaro convertible my wife and I rented we picked up our car a few nights ago and turned in the Camaro convertible at the airport.

A couple of nights later we met my cousin and his wife at a restaurant and when we got there I didn't see his Mercedes or Lexus but instead saw a Tesla 90. He had been talking about getting one so I said to my wife, "I think my cousin finally bought his Tesla.' I was right. Later that evening he showed me the zero to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds. Yep. It does that which likely means zero to 100 mph in under 5 or 6 seconds too if that is what you want to do in the right situation. However, what I didn't know about them is they are also somewhat of a self driving car.

What I mean by this is you can turn the self driving feature on and what it will do is to keep 5 car lengths between the car in front of you and yourself and it will keep you in your lane without you doing anything at a specific speed. Then if it needs to it will slow down to around 3mph in order not to hit the car in front of you. It also will change lanes if you want it to by you clicking on the turn indicator.

Also, if you want it to park itself you can make it do that too. And it also has several other similar features. However, I think I would be a little concerned if lightning struck nearby or if dust got into the control mechanisms or if there was a solar flare if you understand this kind of technology.

So, my experience would be like if you were driving your apple computer. Also, if you ask it it will play any song ever made that is on youtube I believe. I had it play "One eyed one horned flying purple people eater" out of the 1950s. And my wife had it play "MY Way" by Sinatra.
  1. Elon Musk: Tesla 90% autonomous in 2015 - Video -...

    money.cnn.com/video/technology/innovationnation/2014/10...
    Oct 01, 2014 · Tesla co-founder Elon Musk discusses the future of driverless cars with CNN's Rachel Crane.
  2. Tesla has debuted a "ludicrous" mode on the Model S, allowing the full-size sedan to hit 60 mph in an estimated 2.8 seconds.

No comments: