Saturday, April 30, 2016

Tesla was 90% autonomous by 2015

  1. Before two days ago I hadn't realized that the Tesla was 90% autonomous already. I was very suprised when my cousin demonstrated this on a city street and how the car just drove itself along the highway with no help at all and even started braking itself when it needed too. It also will change lanes automatically if you turn the turn indicator on. He also told me of someone who tricked their mother in law into getting into the car and the car took off with her just sitting in the drivers seat. (even though I'm not sure how he did this), because the feature I was shown only worked  (that I know of) while you already have started moving and won't work below 3 miles per hour according to my cousin. But, it also already will park itself if you  want it to do that. It also will pull out of a parking place for you to get in if there is no room for you to open your driver's door too. All these features can allow a person to basically "Not drive" while at the wheel driving to work on a freeway if you are staying in the same lane or you are signaling when you want to change lanes. So, the Tesla might be a much more impressive car than you or I originally thought already here in 2016!

    Elon Musk: Tesla 90% autonomous in 2015 - Video -...

    money.cnn.com/video/technology/innovationnation/2014/10...
    Oct 01, 2014 · Tesla co-founder Elon Musk discusses the future of driverless cars with CNN's Rachel Crane.

No comments: