Thursday, August 18, 2016

Snake Medicine of the Hope Tribe

 I put into Google "Snake medicine of the Hopi Tribe" and this is what came up. I'm not sure it is helpful yet. I will have to read some of it to know.

As I was walking up towards Shaman's Cave after driving over 10 miles of dirt Roads near Sedona the other day I realized that there were many rattlesnakes and other snakes nearby. My daughter and my wife heard many rattles. But, I realized as long as my daughter and I walked along the marked trail I knew from past experience they would not want to be on a path that humans travel some every day or so. 

So, I made peace with the snakes in my heart and knew they would either warn me by rattling if they were near the trail or they would give me leave to pass unharmed as well as my daughter. I also found out today that this is the time of the "Hope snake Ceremony" which was also interesting for me to find out about as well.
  1. Native American Legends - First People

    www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/The_Origin_Of_The....
    Native American Legends The origin of the Hopi Snake Clan A Hopi Legend. Long ago, on the enormous far rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona, lived the ancestors of the ...
  2. Hopi - Crystalinks

    www.crystalinks.com/hopi.html
    ... and the Snake Clank. ... The Hopi's are a very peaceful tribe whose reservation lies somewhat in the center ... In the Hopi Medicine Wheel of the Hopi ...
  3. Indian Medicine - Handbook of American Indians,...

    www.snowwowl.com/swolfAIHmedicine.html
    A Native American/American Indian non ... surface of the body of the same snake. The Papago use crickets as medicine; the ... [ Native American Indians and ...
  4. Ancestral Art: Information on Hopi Culture

    www.ancestral.com/cultures/north_america/hopi.html
    ... the Hopi had no medicine man ... The Hopi believe that the snake Dance ensures adequate spring ... Reservation will meet the requirements of this people, ...
  5. Native American Animal Medicine - (Snake Medicine)

    www.drstandley.com/animalmedicine_snake.shtml
    Native American Animal Medicine Snake Meaning: ... Native American, ... Snake People are learning to
  6. Native American Indian Legends - The Snake Tribe -...

    www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/TheSnakeTribe</...
    Native American Jewelry. Bear Claw ... Native American Legends The Snake Tribe ... from east to west is used to scarify patients preliminary to applying the medicine ...

No comments: