Friday, September 30, 2016

2012: While snorkeling on Lanai:

  1. Intuitive fred888: Snorkeling in Lanai 2

    intuitivefred888.blogspot.com/2012/12/snorkeling-in-lanai_15...
    Dec 15, 2012 ... My archive site is: dragonofcompassion.com ... ON Becoming a Dragon of Compassion · reprint of Glastonbury from the Air · GMO crops create ... 
     
    This took me back to when I snorkled with my older daughter on Lanai just the two of us. You get on a giant Zodiak inflatable with a center hull sort of like a regular boat and skim across the water at about 20 or 30 knots to Lanai which takes about 1/2 an hour with about 40 or 50 people on board ready to snorkel. The only problem with this is I tend to get a little seasick sometimes which wasn't a problem until we stopped just off Lanai and were getting ready to climb down the ladders into the water on the back of the 50 foot boat. So, I noticed I was getting a little green as I prepared to go down the ladder. I didn't want to urp on the boat and make a mess. So, I was trying to get my mask and snorkel on when I realized I was going to urp and was worried I might choke to death in the process. So, I put my mouth below the water so they couldn't hear me hurl. Then the first mate said, "Fred, I see you are feeding the fish because they change color when they eat (that particular breed of fish)!" I nodded my head glad that only the 1st mate (a champion swimmer lady) had seen me throw up underwater that day. Also, I didn't choke which to me was a miracle too. But, after that I knew I wanted to just stay on the surface while my daughter who would have been about 20 or 21 then and a natural athlete always free dove down deeper than anyone else to 20 or 30 feet with just a snorkel. She had got her SCUBA license when she was about 9 with one of her older brothers who is also an expert SCUBA diver even though that day we were only free diving with snorkels, masks and fins. Later, traveling back to Maui to Lahaina where the boat started with us we saw many many Spinner Dolphins. Adults are only about 6 feet long of this species and we saw several babies about 2 to 3 feet long which were very cute too.
    Image result for baby spinner dolphins

No comments: