Monday, October 17, 2016

If you are a comcast cable customer and your Tivo Elite is not receiving HBO, Starz or other channels especially in HD

At beginning of post row.
0 followers
Tivo Premiere not receiving premium channels on Comcast
Aug 25, 2010 at 7:49:43 PM  |  #1
[Archived]  
I have a Tivo Premiere with an M-Card from Comcast in Atlanta, GA. I do not receive any channels above 130 including my premium channels (HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc.)  I have talked with several Comcast technicians and had 3 service calls and no one can seem to figure out why the Tivo can't access all of the channels.  Any advice?
At beginning of post row.
0 followers
Sep 14, 2010 at 12:47:29 AM (Updated: Sep 14, 2010 at 12:52:52 AM)  |  #2
[Archived]  
Commenting not because I have a solution but because I'm experiencing similar issues.
We have 2 Tivo Premiers on Comcast Northern California -
I have only been able to receive HBO on one device at a time.  When one works, the other stops working but I don't know there is a connection because they both frequently have issues simultaneously.  On the unit currently working I cannot receive information on the full TV lineup (information not available) from half way through our HD channels all the way through Music Choice channels.
The Comcast Tech has come out twice and we've gone through at least 7 M cablecards.  We've rebooted, re-paired, pinged, you name it.
I've tested signal strength and it is strong on both but one is using a wireless N adapter.  I added a network extender to strengthen the wireless signal.  The other is connected directly to the gigbit router.
Love Tivo but the experience is unsatisfactory regardless of who is at fault.  I have above average technical ability but I can only image how frustrating this would be for an average consumer.
Also, if worth noting, the cable coming into the house goes through a common three way splitter. When I had DirecTV we had to use a powered splitter. Don't know if it is an issue in this case.
P.S. The new Slide Bluetooth remote is awful on the unit using the wireless adapter, almost unfunctional. Works great on the hardwired unit but unfortunately don't need it on that box.
Hoping for some suggestion



At beginning of post row.
(Never Logged In) raney
0 followers
Oct 16, 2010 at 8:51:06 AM  |  #3
[Archived]  
I have the Tivo Series 3 HD and recently upgraded my Comcast service to include premium channels.  Everything works fine and we can tune one of the HBO channels but all other premium channels cause the cable card menu to appear.
We tried ejecting the cable card, going through the guided setup, rebooting, power cycle and so far we get the same results.  Comcast suggested we swap the cable card so that will be the next step in the process.  
This Series 3 HD has been great for years and we love Tivo.  We have 2 DVRs from Comcast and they are OK but Tivo Rocks!  We will update when we have it fixed.
0 followers
Oct 16, 2010 at 2:00:44 PM  |  #4
[Archived]  
I had problems with both of my Premier boxes.  One wouldn't receive some channel information, the other wouldn't receive premium channels.
Recently fixed both issues.
  1. Going through Guided Setup again fixed the first
  2. Comcast tech (third try) found that the numbers on the CableCard didn't match what they had in the system.  Aligning them fixed everything.
Finally very satisfied
I also purchased a Slide remote but it does NOT work will with the box using a wireless N network adapter.  Works great on the hardwired box.

No comments: