Sunday, October 16, 2016

Reality is Transitory but Compassion is forever

Look around you. How many people do you still know from your childhood?

And depending upon your age: Young adulthood, your 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, or beyond?

Reality is transitory. I have a photo of myself taken in 1956 when I was 8 years old. In this photo are my two aunts that are my Dad's sisters. Their 3 children at the time. Both my father's parents, one of the husbands of one of my father's sisters, my parents and me.

If I counted right that is 11 people.

How many people in this photo are still alive today?

2

My 5 years older cousin who lives in Orange County and myself. That's all. Everyone else is gone. I have many other photos like this from the 1950s and 1960s where everyone is gone but me now as well.

So, I can say this and mean it: "Reality is transitory but Compassion is Forever!"

Why is this?

The good you do lives on in everyone you meet including yourself and their children and their children and their children.

Your compassion both to yourself and others may live on for thousands of years. This is your legacy to mankind.

The good of all these relatives of mine lives on in me right now. And the compassion shown to you by everyone in your life lives on in your life too right now. As we spread this kindness and compassion to everyone we meet, other people become kind and compassionate and better people as well and this continues on and on down through history on into the future as well.

By God's Grace

No comments: