Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Chuck Lorre on Forgiveness number 432

  1. For all you out there trying to forgive the people who elected Trump, here is a good one from Chuck Lorre.

    CLP - Vanity Card #432 - Chuck Lorre Productions

    www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php?p=432
    Dec 2, 2013 ... The official home of the Vanity Cards that are shown *briefly* following most Chuck Lorre ... CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #432. I've been ... 

    CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #432

    I've been told that the act of forgiveness frees the person doing the forgiving from harboring dark, and ultimately self- destructive, emotions. While there is no guarantee that the transgressor will be relieved of shame and guilt, the forgiver will always feel better. In other words, forgiveness is, first and foremost, self-serving. Now I am all about self-serving, so for the last few years I have been practicing a sort of forgiveness mantra. Upon awakening and before retiring, I visualize those who have harmed me and imagine myself flowing love and compassion toward them. Additionally, I wish for them to have everything they could possibly want. I'm happy to report that it's working. Slowly, over time, anger has become resentment has become indifference has become amusement has become affection. And now I'm free and my heart is full.
    You believe me?
    Do I believe me?
    << >>

    end quote.

    So understanding that our hatred towards other kills us slowly or quickly. So what he is saying here is very wise. 

    But, it is also a rare person who is always capable of forgiving.

    Also, forgiveness does not require stupidity.

    IN other words you don't have to remain a victim of others. 

    You can walk away and preserve your life and sanity always. 

    You can just disappear to another town or country if you need to anytime.

    Be kind to yourself. 

    Forgive yourself. 

    Forgive others

    and move somewhere else they will never find you so you can have peace once again and

    can't make you suffer anymore.

    Forgiveness heals us all.

No comments: