Friday, December 9, 2016

It's between 8 and 9 hours to Tahiti from San Francisco and then about another 8 or 9 hours to Sydney

My God daughter spent 1 month in Australia on business and pleasure part of the time with her husband. They went to the great Barrier Reef and Scuba dived both during the day and during the night. I haven't made it to Australia yet but it is definitely on my list along with New Zealand.

So, today I was calculating how much flying time is is to get there. It turns out to be in the vicinity of 17 or more hours flying time (if everything goes perfectly).

So, my thought was of going to Tahiti and spending a week there so you don't have leg problems at my age flying that long at one stint and then flying the next 9 hours to Sydney to get there.

And from there one could go to the Great Barrier Reef and New Zealand and whatever looks interesting to do in that vicinity of the world.

But, talking about doing this and actually doing this are two very different things but it is still on my list. Maybe if my God Daughter has a business trip there we could go then and see the country together maybe with my wife and my god daughter's  husband.

No comments: