Thursday, December 8, 2016

Santa Blew over in a Rainstorm?

For several years now Santa riding a polar bear that has lights inside has run in front of my home during December of every year. But, last night, the inflator motor still worked and was  running blowing him up but when I got up a 6:30 this morning I looked out my bathroom window and he was on his side bouncing on a rock in the wind. I went outside to fix it and realized there was just too much wind from the rainstorm to do anything about it. So, I have a covered front porch with steps up to my house so I put him on the covered porch out of the wind and plugged him in again.

This Santa is about 7 to 8 feet high and lighted and I find it lifts my spirits and the neighbors and people who drive by that see him there during the Christmas season. But, when it rains I have to leave him on all night long too because otherwise rain might get into the electric motor inflating him and cause a short. But, if it is raining and not too windy he stays fine even in the rain because the fabric causes the rain to go somewhere else other than into the electric motor.

No comments: