Saturday, January 14, 2017

As I was being wheeled in for my endoscopy and colonoscopy in the operating room of a local hospital

I was talking to my anesthesiologist who was a gentleman about how I had survived a heart virus in 1998 and 1999 mostly because I had learned a disconnecting meditation from Tibetan Lamas while I was in India and Nepal. He had asked me about "Had I gone to India and Nepal because of the Beatles and the Maharishi and their meeting in India?"

I said, "Sort of" but remember I was 37 in 1985 so the Maharishi was likely in the late 60s so though I am the right generation I didn't go until 20 years later. So, my segway was how it helped me survive my heart virus to the point where I was the only person I knew of in California in 1998 1999 that actually survived a heart virus where you can't oxygenate your blood enough not to pass out many many times. So, as I passed out I just went into a disconnection meditation which allowed me not to die of panic like it kills most people when they pass out over and over again with a heart virus.

I also told him and a nurse attending about how my dermatologist didn't want me as a patient because his 29 year old cousin had recently died of a heart virus after he had found this out. The nurse said, "That's weird" but I said, "NO. I actually understood and was referred to another dermatologist that I have been now seeing at least 10 or more years since then.

Today I had a lady doctor that had done my wife's colonoscopy a few years ago now because I am more comfortable with a female doctor because they tend to be more gentle and likely will be less likely to puncture through the side of your intestines. In research, female doctors have more attention to detail as surgeons than males. Sometimes doing some operations you want the extra strength of some male doctors but now there are machines or tools for all that so often a female doctor is what you want because of a female's tendency to details that might keep you alive.

So, this is what I think about doctors. Also the doctor who was assigned to my burst appendix in an emergency was also female so what happened then around Easter 2015 was that I had six females including the doctor and anesthesiologist and all the nurses attending me for my burst appendix which I found out later.

This seemed somehow appropriate and I was happy about this because female doctors are known to be more thorough and gentle than male doctors might be.

However, each  person to their own idea of what they want in life I always say.

No comments: