Thursday, January 12, 2017

Blogging while quoting from online sources

I normally use Firefox with a Macbook Pro for blogging. I use a 15 inch screen because it's easier for me to see with less eye strain over any given day or night I find myself up blogging.

When you are quoting using the EDIT function above your window and one over from where it says Firefox at the top of your screen if you click on it a little window comes down. If you highlight in blue from another window while having at least one window open where you want to paste it to this works best. Also, if you have too many windows up at the same time this will slow down your computer. I limit myself to 3 windows of my blogsite and 1 or 2 things I want to quote or write about or both at the same time. This way my computer doesn't slow down so much it becomes irritating to me. Also, since this is now an older computer(I should buy myself a new Macbook pro laptop but keep putting it off) I also to keep it from slowing down too much by  deleting history. In firefox you click on HIstory at the top of the page and then click on Clear recent history, then when the little box comes up be careful then not to click yet before you read it completely. Look carefully and do not delete anything you want to have access to there. I personally just delete everything one or more times a day. The main reason I do this is to get rid of cookies which really slow down all computers. Many sites won't let you browse there unless you allow cookies. But that doesn't mean you can't delete them any time you want to after that so I do.

So, the easiest way I have found to speed up my computer is to delete all these things at History at the top of the page.

However, if you are logged in anywhere you won't be after you do this for everything so you will have to log in. another way to speed up your computer is to turn it off for awhile and then turn it on again by doing this reset it tends to speed up as your cpu eliminates all extraneous things it was doing.

Also, I find it useful to start with new windows every time I turn my computer on. So, I don't want old windows which might be connected to cookies or other things that might slow my computer down. I don't like just to watch the color wheel spin forever so these are some of the things I do to speed up my computer for now.

No comments: