Sunday, January 15, 2017

Healing

I debated with myself a lot regarding having another colonoscopy. A friend of mine said he wouldn't do something like this unless he had some symptoms that indicated he should do something like this because he had been vegetarian since he was born and they are less likely to have colon problems. However, though my stomach was fine they removed 9 polyps from my intestines this time. However, the doctor said she didn't see any precancerous stuff on any of them. Even so, it is good to have polyps removed so everything should move through more easily. So, I think I made the right decisions to have another colonoscopy at this point.

I also had not had meat at all until I was 32 and decided that for "Survival purposes" that being able to eat meat without dying might be useful and so it became about 5 percent of my diet at that point and I found I could eat it over time even though I never had before. It is likely the reason I survived my heart virus because my veins and arteries were not clogged from meat when I was 50 also. When I went to Stanford Medical for my angiogram at that time they said they had never seen anyone my age with as clear of arteries and veins without plaque and buildup before. No one had such clear arteries and veins they had ever seen before.

So, likely this was a factor in why I was the only person I knew to survive a heart virus in California then in 1998 and 1999.

Now after the Colonoscopy I realized my mistake if I made one regarding it was the anesthetics I was given because I have had some problems with them since I woke up (especially for my first 6 hours awake after the procedure).  So, eliminating the anesthetics from the procedure is on my mind a lot now. I normally don't ever take things like Advil or pain killers or drink alcohol or other medications unless they are vital for me to stay alive like lisinopril and Armour thyroid and Spironolactone for edema to keep it under control.  My friend who is a vegetarian all his life and grows most of his own organic food year around only has to take B-12 and that's all so he may live a very long time living a life this healthy in Mt. Shasta. We'll see.

We have been skiing up there now since around 1976 and before that were rock and mountain climbers together since we both were in college now from about 1969 when he first went to UCLA and then eventually graduated with a Master's degree there.

So, now I'm trying to get healed up enough to go skiing there this season again. There's plenty of snow this year so I'm looking forward to this. But, this has been a strange year where I got sick just after the elections and was sick until the first week in December and then my wife has been sick most of December while I have stayed well. Now I have had this procedure and driving isn't something that feels right to do just yet. When my wife drove me to the movie last night I realized I wasn't in the right frame of mind for driving because of the medications still running around in my system from the colonoscopy from 2 days ago.

However, hopefully by later this week I will feel up to driving up to Mt. Shasta and going skiing while the snow is really great.

So, I'm concentrating on healing right now so I can go to the mountain once more.

No comments: