Sunday, January 15, 2017

Learning to Blog

Part of learning to safely blog (safety for your family, yourself and others) is to learn to use multiple windows. So, you have several windows open of your blog at the same time. And you might have 3 or more windows open of what you want to quote from online or write about. I find a combination of writing and articles that are important for people to read is a good combination.

My particular blog is about the survival of the human race. So, my point of view is "How do we keep from going extinct as a human race?"

Since we are presently in the 6th Great Extinction we may all be gone including all land, air and sea creatures and humans this century from one or more causes.

Realizing this is true I try to share what will allow at least some humans to survive this century and onward into the future so we don't go extinct by 2100.

Learning to use the edit function is important too.

I use Firefox and usually either a Macbook Pro laptop (especially when I'm traveling) or a large 27 inch screen IMac that is my wife's computer. I moved away from IBM clones around 2005 because I got tired of my computer crashing from viruses all the time. Most of the time I am more satisfied with my Macbook pro laptop which is a 15 inch screen which is easy for me to see and to blog with.

I can blog from hotels, friend's homes, my own home, and now sometimes even while flying between places I can blog on most airlines because they have wifi onboard planes now. The last time it cost me about 12 dollars I believe to blog while flying likely from Seattle to San Francisco which I thought was great fun.

But, blogging can be helpful to people all over the world. This is why I chose Blogger.com (also known as Blogspot for blogging because it is directly connected with Google which goes worldwide. So, often I have readers literally all over the world in places like India, Russia, China, Europe, Australia (all over the world).

When you write for global audience like I do you have to be more careful about what you reveal about yourself and your family. For example, I never tell people exactly where I live (just the greater San Francisco Bay are) and I usually never tell people about other people I know very much. Another safety measure is I don't identify pictures with full names beyond a first name and I even have mostly stopped posting pictures of myself that much in order to increase basic security worldwide.

You can do an amazing amount of good in people's lives by sharing your wisdom.

Just having survived to 30, 40, 50, 60 or to 68 like I am or beyond you have garnered a great deal of wisdom and experience Just having survived this long with all the changes you have had to endure to make it this far.

So often, your perspective is valuable to a wide cross section of people all over the world who identify in some way with what you are saying and compiling for them to read.

So, whatever you want to concentrate your blog on that is constructive go for it worldwide. You will learn a lot over time about how this all works.

When I started looking at my stats page here at Blogger I realized more what people wanted to read by seeing how many people like which articles. So, I realized that I could make both my readers and myself happy at the same time which increased my readership exponentially until now I have
1,300,000 plus views of my site and still growing.

So, whatever constructive things you want to blog about you can. But, if you want to increase your readership you have to see what people seem to like to read at your site.

I am always very surprised what goes viral at my site because it often isn't what I expect it will be.

So, this is sort of entertaining to see what articles are going to take off and fly which likely won't be anything like you think they will be just thinking logically.

If you look at the top of my site these are the top 10 articles that people have read in the last 30 days.
If you look at the far left of my site these are the top 10 articles that people have read at my site since I first started it.

From these articles it might give you some ideas of your own for your blog as you take your blog worldwide too if that is what you decide to do.

Good Luck!

No comments: