Friday, February 24, 2017

Common Sense or Book Smart?

My Housekeeper made an interesting comment to me today. She said that I was very unusual because people usually are "common sense" or that they are "Book smart" and that most people don't have both but that I do.

I consider this a compliment because my father was more book smart being a valedictorian of his high school and my mother was more common sense and very very intuitive and never really had a bad thing to say about anyone so everyone loved my mother and so did I.

I loved and respected my father too but in an entirely different way. My father was very intense and strong (6 foot 2 1/2) and could be threatening if he needed to be and often my mother would cry when he was too intense for her. However, he never hit or beat my mother ever (which was completely unusual for the 1950s when women beat up was an everyday occurrence by men towards their wives.

It was usually working hard all day and coming home to a nagging wife and after a couple of beers she got beat up or hit at least once. This was what the 1950s were really like folks because this is when I was a kid.

But, my father was very unusual in that he NEVER hit me or my mother ever. Partly this was because my father never drank or smoked and also he was extremely self disciplined like someone from Switzerland or Germany tended to be then. Also, both my parents were part time ministers when my father wasn't running his Electrical Contracting Business on weekends.

So, I guess from my mother I got common sense and from my father I got book smart and that kind of intelligence too. So, in this I am very very lucky.

Because my housekeeper is right. Most of the people I know in life have one kind of intelligence and not the other. Most people just don't have both like I do.

Which is why people wanted me to start a religion in my 20s in the 1970s because I have this amazing combination of awarenesses and senses.

However, like I have said before I don't believe the world needs any new religions I believe philosophy is more important and from creating a good philosophy of life people can create their own religions themselves.

In other words: "What is useful for you to believe in?"

This likely is the most useful question people need to ask themselves.

Because if you don't believe in what is useful for you to believe in  then you soon will be either crazy or dead.

This is just common sense.

Because if you look at only what is true or in the news anyone would want to kill themselves if that was all they have now.

So, in some ways truth keeps you alive and in some ways truth can kill you.

That's why they call it "The Sword of Truth". Sometimes it defends you and sometimes it kills you.

In the days of chivalry it wasn't about what was true it was about who had divine right.

So, when battles were fought it was thought that the one who won the battle was divinely ordained to have won the battle.

So, if I look at Trump winning the election in this way I see him reducing the number of people on earth and if that keeps mankind from going extinct then maybe I understand God's thinking.

Because otherwise people would just populate themselves into extinction otherwise.

Here is the formula:

Overpopulation causes genocide which causes evolved war technology which can either reduce populations or cause the extinction of everyone on earth.

Now with Trump wanting more nuclear weapons you can see this formula in action.

Either more nuclear weapons will extinct us all or it will greatly reduce populations.

These are likely the only two real outcomes possible.

But, it is true there could be things you and I presently cannot imagine.

No comments: