Thursday, February 16, 2017

Without Practicality no one survives

Unless you or someone financing or taking care of you is practical, no one tends to survive their lives.

I remember being a teenager and I had already been trained to be a man and to be very practical. However, I looked at all this as very onerous at the time and sort of made me want to kill myself from all the practicality necessary in life just like many young people feel today.

However, without practicality no one survives their lives.

So, if you want to survive your life, finding a way to be both creative and practical I would say are the two keys to survival.

If you aren't practical you won't survive but if that is all you have it might wear on you to the point to where you either drink yourself to death or just (accidentally drive your car off a cliff one day.

So, there has to be a way where life is fun enough to go on living otherwise you won't.

For me, the essence of practicality is having enough fun being practical to choose to stay alive.

For example, it wasn't practical for me to stay in Los Angeles because I wouldn't have wanted to stay alive there after growing up from age 8 to 21 there. So, I moved to Venice next to Santa Monica when my parents moved to San Diego when I was 21.

However, remember this is 1969 so Venice (probably then and now) was sort of like Haight Ashbury in San Francisco in 1969 and it was crazy in a way I had never seen anywhere before. So, after about 3 months of this I knew I couldn't survive this kind of life anymore and so I moved to San Diego and went back to college and moved forward in my life. I went to Palomar College which was some of the best college experiences I ever had and studied psychology and Philosophy and started to get interested in Cultural Anthropology and realized there I was a natural Shaman.

A definition of a shaman was someone who had psychologically died but their physical body had not died.

This was a perfect description of what had happened to me. It makes one clairvoyant because you have entered the world of the dead except your body hasn't died so you live in both worlds.

This was a lot to deal with for me but through practicality I mastered the world of the living as well as the world of the dead to the point where I'm still alive at 68 which to me is nothing short of a miracle.

By God's Grace

No comments: