Sunday, March 12, 2017

There is nothing so good that no bad may come of it and nothing so bad that no good may come of it

The title is how an actual practical adult thinks.

No matter your age unless you understand fully the title to this article you cannot really ever be a full and practical adult here on earth.

Thinking that there is (on Earth) absolute good or bad in general isn't something useful or practical and sometimes not even survivable in the long run.

However, there might be one exception to this rule: "If the human race went extinct and or the Earth turned into an asteroid belt like the one out past Mars I think most humans would agree here on earth now that this would be Ultimately bad.

However, if you were an alien competing for the Solar System even then that might be a good thing for you even though it would be bad for everyone on earth who is no more.

So, even with the last statement if it was expanded beyond earth even what I said here might not be completely bad to aliens competing for the Solar System with humans.

How does one embrace Descartes philosophical point of view?

By Analyzing everything you have ever experienced since you were born in detail.

Having done that you then come to the conclusion that it is true.

For example, when I broke up with a girlfriend that I wanted to marry then and I was also asked to leave my childhood church I thought this was a very bad thing and didn't think I could survive these two events without suicide at the time.

So, from age 21 to 24 I fought off a continuous undercurrent in my subconscious to off myself.

However, over time I realized I couldn't do this to my parents and friends no matter how bad I felt and then I also found out that as long as I was dating someone who loved me through many girlfriends I found a way to stay alive until I got married and had a son by 26.

Then I had to stop being selfish and wanting to off myself and stay alive to raise my son to adulthood which I did.

So, even something as bad as this turned out to be in many ways a good thing even though I could also say it ruined my 20s for me. But, I was very very happy in my 30s until my father died at age 37.
But, even though I wasn't very happy between ages 37 and 50, when I almost died from a heart virus then God gave me "The Leisure to Practice" as I had prayed for and my life became very blissful in a way I couldn't have imagined before because I was forced to retire because of my heart virus that I almost died from from Fall 1998 to May 1999.

So, out of Bad things often come good things too. And conversely out of good things also come some bad things.

Now, for me, I see Trump as a very bad thing for the whole world. However, what may happen is countries won't have the U.S. to lean on for things anymore and will have to be more self sufficient if they want their people to survive what is coming.

So, even though I see Trump as a bad thing happening to our nation and world it likely will make the world better for many people by countries becoming less dependent on the U.S.

So, like I said "There is nothing so good that no bad may come of it and nothing so bad that no Good may come of it". (At least here on earth this is true).

No comments: