Sunday, April 30, 2017

I see a lot of you are also intrigued by the new soft robot "Octobot"

In reading the article about this I have a lot of questions I guess. At this article I noticed that they also have another article about a hopping robot too. Another thought I had is: "Does this octobot function underwater? Why would you make this an Octobot unless it was for underwater use?"

But, I'm starting to learn more about microfluidics or using soft things that won't break under lighter impacts. In fact, Microfluidics when I think about it isn't a human body based upon some of the aspects of microfluidics too? Aren't all Non-plant Dna beings somewhat microfluidic in nature too?

I think the other thing that sort of blows my mind is that all or most components of this octobot were 3 d printed in the first place!

 

This is a pretty amazing thought when you think about it.

The machine to print the components in this thing hadn't even been created or invented 20 years ago!

Apr 18, 2017

 

begin quote from:

The first autonomous, entirely soft robot | Harvard Gazette

 

The first autonomous, entirely soft robot

Powered by a chemical reaction controlled by microfluidics, 3D-printed ‘octobot’ has no electronics
August 24, 2016 | Editor's Pick
Octobot_015_605

No comments: