- Please click on word button two lines down as it isn't loading properly:
- begin quote from:
- neural net processor
- A neural net processor is a CPU that takes the modeled workings of how a human brain operates onto a single chip. Neural net ... See complete definition
A neural net processor is a CPU that takes the modeled workings of how a human brain operates onto a single chip.
Neural net processors reduce the requirements for brain-like computer processing from whole networks of computers that excel in complex applications such as AI, machine learning or computer vision down to one multi-cored chip.
Many implementations of convoluted neural networks (CNN) are currently software-modelled and can span many computers. These current implementations may use many CPUs or, for faster parallel processing, GPUs or even purpose-designed FPGA cards.
Much as computers were reduced from room-sized monstrosities, it is now possible to make processors that function like the human brain in a single package, as in the case of IBMs 4096 core TrueNorth, a single chip that mimics one million human neurons and 256 million synapses. That design can reduce the power requirements for neural net processing down to one-tenth of what had formerly been required. Other designs, like Synopsys's, implement embedded vision co-processors along with neural net processors for greater efficiency in computer vision tasks.
For some, the name neural net processor may summon a sense of dread, evoking Arnold Schwarzenegger in his role as a killer cyborg in “The Terminator,” describing his brain.
See also: cognitive chip
This was last updated in February 2017
Continue Reading About neural net processor
- pressure sensing
- Pressure sensing is the capacity for some system to sense the force exerted on a surface per unit area and express that force in ... See complete definition
- quad-core processor
- A quad-core processor is a chip with four independent units called cores that read and execute central processing unit (CPU) ... See complete definition
- Ryzen (AMD Ryzen)
- Ryzen (pronounced RYE zen) is an AMD CPU aimed at the server, desktop, workstation, media center PC and all-in-one markets. See complete definition
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- Geomagnetic storm knocks out all ATM and Credit card transactions many places around the world yesterday
- Trump's stance on Sanctuary Cities only make MS 13 Gang stronger
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- From the French Wikipedia which usually has more info on the Comte De Saint Germain since he was in France then