Sunday, April 30, 2017

Some Tantric Masters worship Women as Diety

For people in the western Christian Secular world which in the U.S. tends to be Puritanical and prudish compared to most of the world thoughts like this can be heresy.

However, if you have studied comparative religion it IS one way to help women attain enlightenment that has been proven.

My understanding of this has grown over the years from first discovering what the word Tantric meant in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Tantric actually just means "Secret" so Tantric Teachings are secret teachings.

Maybe I should start with several women I met in mt. Shasta who were students of John Panama who later became I think John North. They had all been to visit a tantric master in Santa Cruz so he could worship them. They were all amazed to have had this experience in how it had completely changed their lives.

Also, maybe I should say here that I also have been worshipped by many women in my life as well and this has greatly changed my life too in various ways.

But, being an American in a Christian Secular world this is sometimes difficult to culturally deal with an fathom too.

I think for me it started when my mother was my first spiritual teacher in life. We never had a sexual relationship but knowing her taught me to worship and to respect women and from this I always thought women were superior to men in most ways.

When it comes to fighting or conflict or quick decision making for the survival of a tribe or family often men did this best. But, when it comes to deeply considered decisions of what is best for every member of the family often women are much better at this. So, because of this nurturing effect of women on society for thousands of years now we have a much better world because of this.

So, where I'm coming from here is "How do women become enlightened?"

How can men empower women to become enlightened?

How can men empower men to become enlightened?

Part of the answer to this question is here if you are balanced enough in life to survive what is being said. But, like I said before you might not be culturally prepared for what comes next because it is very very advanced in power and teaching and not everyone is compassionate to themselves and all beings in the universe to make all this work.

What will make this work?

What is your motivation?

If your motivation is truly to enlighten yourself and all beings in the universe and not a selfish motive then this can work not only for you but for all beings in the universe.

How few are these people who are such masters?

I want to share some of the poems of Drukpa Kunley who lived
  • 1455
  • 1529
  •  
  • This is an example of a Crazy Wisdom master who is still beloved among many Tibetan Buddhists in Asia and around the world. 
  •  
  • It is about using whatever you have going for you to enlighten everyone you know. However, then the issue becomes "What is their motivation in continuing their paths to enlightenment?"


  1. Drukpa Kunley - Wikipedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drukpa_Kunley
    It is known that Drukpa Kunley would not bless anyone who came to seek his guidance and help unless they brought a beautiful woman and a bottle of wine. 

    begin quote from:

    Poems and songs of Drukpa Kunley

    Poem about happiness
    I am happy that I am a free Yogi.
    So I grow more and more into my inner happiness.
    I can have sex with many women,
    because I help them to go the path of enlightenment.
    Outwardly I'm a fool
    and inwardly I live with a clear spiritual system.
    Outwardly, I enjoy wine, women and song.
    And inwardly I work for the benefit of all beings.
    Outwardly, I live for my pleasure
    and inwardly I do everything in the right moment.
    Outwardly I am a ragged beggar
    and inwardly a blissful Buddha.
    Song about the pleasure
    A young woman finds pleasure in love. A young man finds pleasure in sex. An old man finds pleasure in his memoirs. This is the doctrine of the three pleasures.
    Who does not know the truth, is confused. Those who have no goals, can not sacrifice. Those who have no courage, can not be a Yogi. This is the doctrine of the three missing things.
    Even if a person knows the way of wisdom; without practicing there is no realization. Even if a master shows you the way, you have to go it by yourself.
    The five spiritual ways
    I practice the path of self-discipline. I meditate every day.
    I go the way of embracing love. I work as a mother and father of all beings.
    I do the deity yoga. I visualize myself as a Buddha in the cosmic unity.
    I read the books of all religions and practice all at the right moment.
    The life is my teacher and my inner wisdom is my guide.[6]

    Main teachers

    • Gyalwang Drukpa II, Gyalwang Kunga Paljor ('brug chen kun dga' dpal 'byor) 1428-1476
    • Lhatsun Kunga Chökyi Gyatso (lha btsun kun dga' chos kyi rgya mtsho) 1432-1505
    • Pema Lingpa (padma gling pa) 1445-1521

    Main lineages

    See also

    end quote.

    It took me 20 years after Thubten had me laughing from Drukpa Kunley stories so hard I fell on the floor there in Dharamshala India. Thubten was a Gelukpa Tibetan Buddhist monk who had given his robes to Geshela "Geshe Lobsang Gyatso" because Thubten was his student so he could become a mountain Climbing Guide and English Translator in the Himalayas to support his parents when they became too old so support themselves any more until they passed away. When I met him he was still a Mountain climbing guide and English Translator but then married a lady from Minnesota name Tara and returned there with her while I was there in Dharamshala.

    But, 20 years later I realized Drukpa Kunley was not a dharma myth to enlighten students with the Dharma, he was a real person and the stories told were mostly real stories about a real person.

    I was completely blown away when I discovered this in the early 2000s 20 years after Thubten had me laughing and falling on the floor from laughter with his Drukpa Kunley stories there in Dharamshala, India where the Dalai Lama lives.
     

No comments: