Sunday, April 23, 2017

Staying Calm and Centered

I found after I was 15 especially that staying calm and centered was very important to everyone around me. If I didn't stay calm and centered supernatural events might harm people around me.

So, I realized right away I had a responsibility to all others and I always had to be the adult in the room so both I stayed alive and others did too.

I suppose one component of this was what my father told me when I was 12.

He said, "You are a big kid like my older brother was, Freddie. If you let people get you angry you likely are going to kill someone. So, no matter what don't let someone get you so angry or get out of control or you will kill them accidentally. You are just too physically strong now, sort of like a Hercules. You have to ALWAYS be the adult in the room from now on. You can't let anyone get your goat.

I took this seriously because my father was right. If I got angry it would be all over. So, I learned to use my size and physical strength to protect and help others and also to protect myself more like a policeman or knight but never in an offensive way.

In this way I became known as a peacemaker and mediator and counselor among my friends. Later I learned that Fred means literally "A Ruler in Peace or a peaceful Ruler" in ancient tongues.

So always staying calm and centered and thoughtful and adult like is what I have always had to do since I was 12. In some ways this is a lot of responsibility but I guess this comes with the territory.

No comments: