I would like to share with you how safety nets in the U.S. have slowly all gone away. The last of these in some ways is Obamacare, Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment compensation.
However, in the 1960s in comparison if you look at photos of kids then you really cannot tell which ones are rich, which ones have jobs and are middle class and which ones are on public relief?
Because the safety nets were that good once long ago.
But by the late 1980s and early 1990s those days were gone for most people. So, people that were once okay and could get by you now see gray haired with vacant looks in their eyes with a cardboard sign by the side of the road begging for food or jobs.
How did this happen?
It happened organically and what killed the "Time of Plenty" which was the 1960s through the 1980s was mostly just things like: Too high a price for gas to make our lives work here right anymore and this began with the Arab Oil embargo in the 1970s when it happened several times and oil and gas prices went up from 17 cents a gallon for gas suddenly to 25cents to 85cents a gallon in quick succession. This started the killing of our happy lifestyles here in the U.S.
The war in Viet Nam bankrupted our nation and turned us into 10% unemployment by 1980 and many of us became survivalists expecting our country to collapse then. But, luckily we were wrong European and other countries bailed us out and the U.S. didn't go bankrupt. We survived.
Then more wars happened like Desert Storm, 9-11 and the longest war we have ever been in Afghanistan (which also put the Soviet Union out of business permanently by the way) in the 1980s.
So, where did all our safety nets go?
They were destroyed mostly by all the wars that would have bankrupted any other nation on earth by now.
So, where are our safety nets? They are gone now so expect a lot of people to fall through the holes in those nets and be no more here in the U.S.
No safety nets equals a lot of people falling through the cracks and being no more here in the U.S.
Under Trump you have to expect a whole lot of people dying here in the U.S. and around the world that don't really need to die.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Jared Kushner - Wikipedia
- In trying to better understand HTML versus HTTP or Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Willamette River - Wikipedia
- This gentleman introduced Master John Douglas at the San Jose Healing Conference
- The Great Recession was planned since the Reagan era to steal from the Middle Class and poor by the rich
- Howard Hughes- Wikipedia
- Watch the Rachel Maddow Show today "6-23-17" because it will blow your mind in a historical way: MSNBC