Wednesday, April 26, 2017

There are three basic schools of Buddhism Mahayana, Theravada, Vajrayana

Mahayana, Theravada, Vajrayana

The first path was started by Gautama Buddha himself. He taught Mahayana Buddhism which means "The Middle Path" which reminds me a lot of the Greek saying "Moderation in Everything" which means you try to be balanced in all that you do and not go to extremes. Zen is one of these "balanced" Schools too. (But there may be and likely are: 
Mahayana, Theravada, Vajrayana practitioners of Zen Buddhism.

But, what I'm trying to get at is there are 3 major schools of Buddhism and they are:

Mahayana, Theravada, Vajrayana

For example, Tibetan Buddhism can be Mahayana or Vajrayana but often it is both.

However, there might be some that disagree with me because I don't consider myself to be a Buddhist Scholar just someone who has done Tibetan Buddhist practices I have been empowered by Tibetan Lamas to do since 1983 and after.

By God's Grace

No comments: