The first closure which will be until December 2017 because the whole bridge had to be replaced from winter storm erosion which is the Pfeifer Bridge near Big Sur.
The 2nd closure is further south and is expected to reopen sometime in June 2017.
And the 3rd closure is further south still and is expected to reopen sometime in June 2017.
But, remember if you are a tourist you cannot drive south from Monterey until December 2017 all the way to San Simeon, Cambria or Morro Bay and the same north from Morro Bay on Hiway 1.
However, you can drive all the way to River Inn in Big Sur from Monterey on Hiway 1 as long as you return the same way to Monterey and then go out through Highway 68 to 101 which is open from Oregon south to likely Los Angeles where it branches into many freeways south to San Diego.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- List of barons in the peerages of Britain and Ireland
- Global stocks tumble anew amid bond yield pressure
- What is "Goldilocks Trade?"
- Cathars of France
- co-creation, collaboration and open innovation
- Crowdsourcing - Wikipedia
- Crowdsourcing terms
- How Crowdsourcing Is Shaping the Future of Everything - Entrepreneur