This is a good question.
My personal answer to this question is "follow your passion".
What I mean by this is that if you do what means the most to you, you will tend to become more and more enlightened (as long as whatever this is doesn't physically, spiritually, or emotionally harm you or anyone else).
So, following your desires and passions tends to make you more enlightened.
Because if you are doing what you love or going to what you love you are going to be interested in that so that becomes your yoga or discipline. And doing what makes you happy will also make you enlightened because you will be interested in it then. And this being interested causes you to be more focused which also tends to make you more and more enlightened.
IF you are doing what you hate and always might hate this might lead to your self destruction or suicide.
So, my point of view is that by doing exactly what touches your heart (if you are psychologically healthy to begin with) is going to take you to enlightenment.
This is about being practical while attaining enlightenment.
I suppose there might be some people who attain enlightenment by focusing on suffering but that's not my path.
So, it makes more sense to go to beautiful places, meet beautiful people and get enlightened that way.
What is enlightenment?
I would say that enlightenment is being interested enough in life to save yourself and everyone else 24 hours a day waking and sleeping.
You might say "How can you save yourself and others while sleeping?"
That is a part of what you learn while learning to become enlightened.
There is something called "Lucid Dreaming" in which you co-create the universe with God (or Buddha or Buddhas) if you wish.
And through Lucid Dreaming you and God and Buddha co-create the universe in the past, present and future.
So, that is a part of enlightenment too.
By God's Grace
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- Killer Robots Are Coming And These People Are Trying To Stop Them
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- From the French Wikipedia which usually has more info on the Comte De Saint Germain since he was in France then
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars