Monday, May 8, 2017

Ineffable

  1. When someone used the word ineffable recently I realized I didn't know the definition so when I looked it up I realized you might want to hear it too so here it is. I have never heard the word used in a negative connotation so I guess I have only heard it in regard to spiritual things sort of like "Wonderful beyond all definition" ineffable the way most people would describe God or his angels here on earth or beyond.

    Ineffable | Definition of Ineffable by Merriam-Webster

    www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ineffable
    Define ineffable: too great, powerful, beautiful, etc., to be described or expressed — ineffable in a sentence
  2. Ineffable | Define Ineffable at Dictionary.com

    www.dictionary.com/browse/ineffable
    Ineffable definition, incapable of being expressed or described in words; inexpressible: ineffable joy. See more. 

    Definition of ineffable

    1. 1a :  incapable of being expressed in words :  indescribable ineffable joyb :  unspeakable ineffable disgust
    2. 2 :  not to be uttered :  taboo the ineffable name of Jehovah

    ineffability

    play \(ˌ)i-ˌne-fə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun

    ineffableness

    play \(ˌ)i-ˈne-fə-bəl-nəs\ noun

    ineffably

    play \(ˌ)i-ˈne-fə-blē\ adverb




No comments: