They were saying that building a 3D printed car they used a combination of plastic and carbon fiber. You can see how oil will be even more important regarding plastics and building new things into the future with 3D printers. As the world uses less oil for combustion in gas and diesel engines especially this will be a good thing for 3D printed literally everything on into the future.
I think hobbyists will 3D print cars, planes and boats more and more over the years as the prices on 3D printers come down a lot like Microchips and solar cells have over the years as they are mass produced and developed more and more.
So, all you would need is the right template, the right 3D printer and the right materials and you could likely build almost anything you need as long as you had solar or wind anywhere on earth.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Category:3D printing
- 3D printing - Wikipedia
- Friday April 14th 2017: The 10 most read articles in the last 24 hours at this site
- Friday May 5th 2017: The most read articles in the last 24 hours at this site
- Wednesday April 26th 2017: Most read articles at this site in the last 24 hours
- Joan Baez - We shall overcome: Youtube: 3,229,728 views
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook - Wikipedia