begin quote from:Washington Examiner2 hours agoPresident Trump's "short-sighted" policies have "weakened" the West, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said on Monday. "Anyone ...
"Anyone who accelerates climate change by weakening environmental protection, who sells more weapons in conflict zones and who does not want to politically resolve religious conflicts is putting peace in Europe at risk," Gabriel said, according to Agence France-Presse. "The short-sighted policies of the American government stand against the interests of the European Union," he said, adding that "the West has become smaller, at least it has become weaker."
The remarks come one day after German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of the strain between the U.S. and Europe, and said Europe could no longer fully rely on Washington.
"The times when we could fully rely on others are to some extent over — I experienced that in the last few days," Merkel told her supporters. "We Europeans must really take our destiny into our own hands.
"Of course we need to have friendly relations with the U.S. and with the U.K. and with other neighbors, including Russia," she continued. "We have to fight for our own future ourselves."
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- Geomagnetic storm knocks out all ATM and Credit card transactions many places around the world yesterday
- Trump's stance on Sanctuary Cities only make MS 13 Gang stronger
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- From the French Wikipedia which usually has more info on the Comte De Saint Germain since he was in France then