begin quote from:Washington Examiner2 hours agoPresident Trump's "short-sighted" policies have "weakened" the West, German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel said on Monday. "Anyone ...
"Anyone who accelerates climate change by weakening environmental protection, who sells more weapons in conflict zones and who does not want to politically resolve religious conflicts is putting peace in Europe at risk," Gabriel said, according to Agence France-Presse. "The short-sighted policies of the American government stand against the interests of the European Union," he said, adding that "the West has become smaller, at least it has become weaker."
The remarks come one day after German Chancellor Angela Merkel spoke of the strain between the U.S. and Europe, and said Europe could no longer fully rely on Washington.
"The times when we could fully rely on others are to some extent over — I experienced that in the last few days," Merkel told her supporters. "We Europeans must really take our destiny into our own hands.
"Of course we need to have friendly relations with the U.S. and with the U.K. and with other neighbors, including Russia," she continued. "We have to fight for our own future ourselves."
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars