Warren Beatty's stunning attention to detail in this movie made me feel like I was actually back there in Los Angeles and Hollywood and even in the Hollywood Hills overlooking the Hollywood Bowl where musical acts have played it seems since I was a little child or before. The feeling you get when you watch this movie is as if you really are there. I understand why it didn't play well to people now because it just wasn't flashy and unrealistic enough.
This movie depicts more about what life in Hollywood was actually like, what it felt like to be alive then if you were white in Los Angeles then. So, in watching this movie you feel how constricted people's lives were in various ways especially if they went to a christian church regularly. So, things were very tight then in the world of Howard Hughes.
However, it is also true that many people were not going to churches at all then too so this is just one view of it. But, it is closer to my experience as an 11 year old going to church all the time than anything I have ever seen before in a movie.
So, Kudos to Warren Beatty in someone finally capturing what Los Angeles was like for at least white people in Hollywood then who worked for Howard Hughes.
I got up from the living room where I had paused by Roku for my flatscreen to go to the bathroom and my subconscious was so convinced I was still living back then that I was completely confused on the way to the bathroom so convincing this movie was to my subconscious mind. Kudos!
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars