For me, enlightenment is about being a care giver like a parent. If I have someone to take care of then it makes sense to me to take care of myself. But, If I don't have someone to take care of life didn't work very well for me when I was young. So, I'm a natural caregiver so I'm not happy unless I have someone to take care of then I can literally do anything, go anywhere, endure anything if I have a reason to go on for my wife and kids and grandkids. So, for me my yoga I realized in my 20s was to be a householder yogi which means your Yoga or discipline is around your family.
And as I grew older I realized my family became not only my biological family but anyone who needed my help that I could safely help. And then it kept spreading out from there. So, if you can discover your path, your yoga, that suits your nature then half the battle for enlightenment will be already won.
So, the first step is understanding yourself and what you need to stay alive and be happy enough to actually want to be alive in the first place.
By God's Grace
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia Spoofs GPS signal to make ship think it's 20 miles away on land!
- mural Trump and Netanyahu share a kiss on West Bank wall mural
- Short on staff: Nursing crisis strains U.S. hospitals
- What is a Bot? and how did it steal the election from Clinton?
- Trump absolves Putin and shoots himself in the foot