We got up early to try to beat the heat on the way home through places like Redding and Red Bluff. When we reached Reddding it was already in the 90s and by Red Bluff it had already reached 100. Because we left early enough we didn't see temperatures higher than 105 until we reached Vacaville, Benecia, Danville was 109 and parts of San Jose was 109 too. We went to REI in Fremont to check on some Hiking Boots as my daughter is interested in Climbing Mt. Shasta this summer. She is 28.
It was good to get home on the coast and to watch the temperatures dip below 100 finally and being able to finally turn off the air conditioner and be able to open a window for awhile. We avoided traffic pretty much except for a short time on side streets in Fremont and a few slowdowns on 101. But, other than that it was a pretty good trip. IN Mt. Shasta the night before we left we listened to a Sitar player from Varanasi, India play. My friend had played tablas with him in Varanasi, India when the Sitar player was 17. His Tabla Teacher from Katmandu, Nepal had been friends with this young Sitar player's father which is how my friend had met him then in Varanasi, India.
It was one of the most spiritually powerful experiences I had ever had in Mt. Shasta along with when Lama Wangdor came from Rewalsar (Tsopema) India to give us all Dzogchen Initiaiton and Empowerment which is one of the two highest and most powerful Tibetan Buddhist Initiations given.
My daughter thought this was a very profound experience too. It was at the Yoga Studio next to Berryvale Health Food Store in Mt. Shasta.
At about 6:30pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday my friend and I and one of the times his girlfriend joined us swimming at Lake Siskiyou near Mt. Shasta, as it is the only place warm enough to swim locally right now. The snow melt is too cold most other places at higher altitudes to swim because of all the snow this year to swim yet. Afterwards we went out to dinner at a local restaurant.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Where is Bohemia?
- What is the secret of life?
- Watch the Rachel Maddow Show today "6-23-17" because it will blow your mind in a historical way: MSNBC
- Self Driving Car or Autonomous car: Wikipedia
- This gentleman introduced Master John Douglas at the San Jose Healing Conference
- This particular article has the most pageviews since 2014 and they keep on coming reading it more and more every day worldwide
- Seraph (one of the Seraphim)