I was listening today to constitutional lawyers talk about this on TV. They were saying that getting a Bill of Impeachment against the president has a relatively low threshold regarding obstruction of justice. However, in a court of criminal law the bar is set very high.
So, it is much easier to impeach a president than to put one in jail. But, you really wouldn't want to put any president in jail because that would harm the office for all future presidents anyway. So, just expect the next Republican president (Pence or Ryan) to pardon Trump and if Pence is implicated first Pence will pardon Trump and then Ryan will pardon Pence.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Did Emilia Clarke Use a Body Double During the Fire Scene on Game of Thrones?
- Most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Tuesday November 28th 2017
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- More than half of all web traffic is made up of bots.
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Friday December 1st 2017
- Timothy Geithner, Bernanke and others helped prevent the 2nd Great Depression
- Douglas Adams (wrote Hitchikers guild to the Galaxy)
- US calls Venezuela a global threat
- most read articles in the last 168 hours or 7 days as of Monday November 27th 2017